Now ever played a Minecraft game among your friends, Oh man you must have missed the best part of the 20th century, but not after reading it, come on let’s dive into it and understand how to add friends on Minecraft. The most popular video game Minecraft was released in 2011 by the Swedish company Mojang.
The Minecraft serves allows players to play online or via a local area network with other people. It also has the privilege of creating an own personal server for yourself. Here you are going to understand how to add friends on Minecraft.
- 1 How to Add Friends on Minecraft?
- 2 Final Words
How to Add Friends on Minecraft?
So you already know Minecraft is a multiplayer and individual player game, if you want to opt for multiplayer we have some options for that, there are
1. Through LAN
A LAN is local Area Network which allows friend near your local environment will get connected. It will be connected to an individual server or the pre=existing server. Now follow the steps below to connect to the local network it has two processes for a different version of Minecraft.
1. JAVA Edition of Minecraft
- First, you need to have an account in the Minecraft server, if not go and create a new one before preload.
- Now you will be required to have a host computer capable of gaming in different environmental zones ( Minecraft has two zones: Survival Zone and Adventure mode).
- Launch the game as a single-player at first, then press ESC.
- Now click on open to LAN to launch the LAN settings and choose the mode of play.
- After finishing the settings, click on Start LAN World, a message pops up stating local game has hosted.
- Other players who wish to join the game have to choose a multiplayer game and they are automatically redirected to the game on the LAN network.
- Thus your friends are added to Minecraft.
2. Xbox/ mobile/ Windows 10 Version of Minecraft
- The above-mentioned first two steps are similar to Minecraft on Windows 10 / mobile/ Xbox.
- The host player needs to launch the game by creating a new environment or existing environment.
- Opt for the Multiplayer and make sure to enable the LAN to other players.
- Now start the game using start / create.
- For other players to join click on the play menu.
- Go to the friend’s menu and search for LAN Games.
2. Using Online Server
On Online Server, you will have an opportunity to play with two or more players, it is more like a multiplayer game. To connect to this, we have already identified the Minecraft has a different version, follow the steps below for appropriate versions.
1. Java Version of Minecraft
- Firstly you need to update the Minecraft server so that the version variation for which you opted has to be similar to the existing version of yours.
- Now search for the IP address for the multiplayer, if you already have one go with that.
- Enter into the game and select the multiplayer in the menu.
- Add the server IP address.
- Thus get connected to the game.
2. Xbox/ Mobile/ Windows 10 Version of Minecraft
In Minecraft, the above three versions have come up with three different servers, there are Mineplex, InPvP, and Lifeboat. You can opt for the existing servers or go for the IP address if you already have any.
If the existing IP address doesn’t work please do check with the server administration.
3. Minecraft Realms
The Minecraft Realms is similar to the LAN but in this, you need to send an invitation to your friends. This is a payable version of the Minecraft server, where only the host or owner of the game has to pay for it. The others can play anytime they want, and is absolutely free for them.
This also has two different versions, like the JAVA edition of Minecraft and the Xbox/ Mobile/ Windows 10 version of Minecraft. For any queries related to realms, please do contact the administrator or follow up with the link.
4. Spilt Screens
The Split screen is basically a Minecraft that has to be updated in the future, as of now it is provided with consoles. The different versions of Minecraft as we discussed possess this console feature. To enable the console, we need to start the game firstly. Then go to controllers to enable the player in specific screens. Thus the console helps in achieving the multiplayer environment i.e, how to add friends on Minecraft.
According to my knowledge, I placed this manual collectively to assist everybody is capable of percentage this identical experience. There are such a lot of approaches to add friends on Minecraft, however, I desired to write down a manual to offer the best and fastest manner that will help you get started.
And we reached the end of the post. If you any have worries or queries please experience to write down again to me, remark under. Let’s make this dialogue discussion board interactive. I want you all of the very high-quality – Have a first-rate day!