To change the settings of your Asus router, it is important to know how to log into it. This can help you fix issues with it. Today, we are going to help you get into the Asus router login page with simple steps.
Have you noticed a little drop in your Internet speeds? Do you want to change the WiFi name and password of your Asus router to something more secure? Then you are reading the right article. Without any further delays, let’s get started.
Asus Router Login Guide
To log in to your Asus router, you have to follow three important yet simple steps. They are:
1. Connect Your Device To The Router
You have to make sure that the router is turned on and your device should be connected to the WiFi, even if it has no internet access. You can do it on any device with a WiFI connection or a working Ethernet port.
- On Windows, simply click on the WiFi icon in the system tray, click on the network name, and press connect.
- On Mac, click the WiFi icon on the menu bar and click on the name of the WiFi.
- Open the Quick Settings panel on Android, long-press the WiFi icon, and tap on the name of your WiFi.
- On the iPhone, Go to Settings> WiFi and tap the name of your WiFi.
You can also use an Ethernet cable. An ethernet connection is more reliable than WiFi connections and it is recommended.
- Connect one end of an ethernet cable to your computer.
- Connect the other end to the ethernet port on the router.
2. Open the Gateway
You need to visit the gateway of your router. Every Asus router has the same default IP address as their gateway.
- Launch any browser on your device.
- Copy and paste 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press Enter. If this does not work, try 192.168.50.1 and 192.168.72.1.
You will now be taken to the Asus router login page.
3. Log In To Your Asus Router
You have to enter your Asus router login credentials. By default, all of the Asus routers have the same username and password. Note that this password is different from the WiFi password
User name: admin
Make sure that you type everything in lowercase since the credentials are case-sensitive. You have now successfully logged into the Asus router.
How To Reset Your Asus Router To Default Settings?
If you or someone else changed the default password, then you will not be able to enter to get in with the above steps. In that case, press and hold the reset button for at least 8 seconds. This will restore the factory settings and you can now try the steps mentioned above to log in to your Asus router.
How To Change the WiFi Name and Password?
Most people use the admin panel of their routers to change the WiFi name and password. If you one of those people, then this section is going to help you out.
- Login to your Asus router using the steps given above.
- You will be able to find the General header on the sidebar. Click on Network Map.
- You will be able to see Wireless name (SSID) on the right side. This is the name of your WiFi. Click on the field and change the name of your WiFi.
- Next click on Authentication Method and select WPA2-Personal from the drop-down box.
- Enter your WiFi password in the WPA-PSK key field.
- Click Apply.
- Select the 5GHz tab and repeat steps 3-6.
And that’s all there is to it. Make sure that you have a strong WiFi password. The password should not be a common word since it can be guessed. A strong WiFi password will have a mixture of uppercase and lowercase letters, and numbers.
How To Change the Asus Router Login Password?
With the default login credentials, anyone connected to your WiFi can easily change your WiFi password. To avoid this, we recommend that you change the Asus router login information.
- Log in to the Asus router’s settings with the method given below.
- Click on Administration from the side panel.
- Select the System tab.
- Enter the new router login name and password. This password is different from the WiFi password that you enter normally.
- Click Apply.
Now, you have to use this username and password to log in to your Asus router.
Now you know how to log in to the Asus router. We hope that you found this article helpful and informative. If you have any doubts or suggestions, please let us know in the comments section down below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.