The best way to use android applications on your pc is an Android Emulator. Among the tons of Emulators available in the market, We are going to compare the two best android emulators for you i.e. Bluestacks vs MEmu. Make sure you stick through the end of this article for an in-depth comparison, reviews, and download guide for Bluestacks and MEmu emulators.
So let’s get started!
- 1 What is an Android Emulator?
- 2 Bluestacks vs MEmu:- Details in Brief
- 3 Bluestacks vs MEmu:- In-Depth Comparison
- 4 Overview
- 5 Conclusion
What is an Android Emulator?
Before knowing about the two emulators, let me first tell you what an android emulator is. An Android emulator is software that can be installed on your computer through which you can access all the applications which are only available for android devices, in your computer system. Android emulators process your pc or laptop with an android ecosystem. So, you can run all the android applications and games in your windows, Linux, or Mac computer system with the help of an android emulator.
The two most popular android emulators present in the market are Bluestacks and MEmu. Let us further discuss and compare the two emulators so that you can choose the best android emulator for yourself.
Bluestacks vs MEmu:- Details in Brief
Here are some necessary details you need to know about the two emulators.
Bluestacks emulator was founded in 2011 by the Bluestacks company itself. The emulator is free to download and use although a good graphic card is recommended to use high-end android applications in your computers smoothly. The Bluestacks company brings about time to time updates on the software which also claims to be 6x faster than any android device.
The latest addition in the version of Bluestacks available is Bluestacks 5 however you can go download any version of your choice from the link below:
The MEmu emulator was launched in 2015 by Shanghai Microvit software technology. The high-end android emulator is proved to run all the android applications very efficiently. The MEmu emulator has a default Google play store installed from which you can easily download the applications of your choice. However, the main focus of the MEmu emulator is to be able to download and play android games on the pc nevertheless, it can also be used for other applications as well.
You can download the MEmu emulator from the link below:
Bluestacks vs MEmu:- In-Depth Comparison
There are multiple factors on which you can judge the two emulators and their efficiency. I will discuss all the important factors you need to know to be able to choose the perfect emulator for your usage.
1. System requirements
The minimum system requirements to download these two emulators are as follows:
1. For Bluestacks
Bluestacks can be installed in any computer system fulfilling the following system requirements.
- Operating System: Windows 7,8,8.1,10 and Mac OS
- Processor: Multicore AMD or Intel
- Storage: Minimum 4GB of hard drive space is required
- RAM: 2GB or higher
2. For MEmu
The MEmu emulator can be installed in any computer system fulfilling the following system requirements.
- Operating System: Windows XP,7,8,8.1,10, or Mac
- Processor: Intel, Nvidia, or AMD
- Storage: 2GB of system memory and Hard disk space
- RAM: 2GB or higher
- Graphics: Windows Directx 11 or Graphics driver with OpenGL 2.0
- Hardware visualization technology should be enabled in BIOS
To compare the two emulators, let us compare the features both of them offer.
1. Features of Bluestacks
Bluestacks offers the following features:
- The file size of Bluestacks is just 442 MB.
- Bluestacks offers you Multi-instance i.e. multiple games can be played at the same time
- While playing games, mapping can be done with the keyboard and the mouse.
- It offers you an option to disk cleanup.
- The software can be accessed as a free version as well as a paid version which costs 24$/year.
- However, the free version has some sponsored applications already installed.
- Screen recording, as well as screen capture features, are available.
- Bluestacks has a gaming mode.
2. Features of MEmu
MEmu offers the following features:
- The file size of MEMu is just 438MB.
- Stable graphics
- Function to auto-start MEmu with windows and shortcuts for volume controls.
- Multi instances option is also available with the option of efficiency management.
- High frame rates to play games.
3. Benchmark Results
The Benchmark results performed for the two emulators on AnTuTu gives the following score:
4. Security and Privacy
When scanned in anti-virus, Bluestacks came out to be totally secure and safe. The software, however, requires you to log in with your Google account to be able to access the google play store and other services. The software collects your geo-location to show you personalized ads.
However, when MEmu play was scanned in anti-virus some vulnerability issues were detected. This is because MEmu play has ad plugins provided by ironSource. It is recommended to not log in with your primary Google account to use MEmu play.
Here is a brief overview of both emulators.
|Comparison Measures||BlueStacks||MEmu Player|
|RAM requirement (Minimum)||2GB||2 GB|
|Hard drive space (Minimum)||4GB||2 GB|
|Supported OS||Windows 7/8/8.1/10 & Mac||Windows|
|CPU||Multi-core (at least dual-core) AMD/ Intel CPU||Multi-core (at least dual-core) AMD/ Intel CPU|
|Key Mapping and Mouse control||Very much optimized and better||Customizable Mapping for gaming|
|Apps||Preloaded Google Play Store||Integrated play store and web browser.|
|Performance||It performs better than MEmu||It performs well on a modern computer.|
|Usability||Usable but has Ads||Better usable then Bluestacks|
|UI||Much better for the experienced user||Specially designed for Gamers|
|Cost||Free/Paid for Premium version||Free|
Both the emulators perform very well according to the usage. Although, every emulator has some perks which I have already mentioned in the article above. MEmu is a great emulator for gaming in particular and Bluestacks is capable of running other applications efficiently with gaming as well. However, a pc with good specifications is recommended to play high-end games. Now you can choose the emulator which suits your work.
Do drop your suggestions/feedback in the comments below. Cheers!