Facebook has recently rolled out a new look for the popular social media website. Facebook claims that the new look is a huge leap forward compared to the old layout, but a lot of Facebook users do not agree. If you want to know how to change Facebook to the old version, then you are reading the right article.
We are going to talk about several methods you can try out to get the classic Facebook look. We will also discuss why Facebook created this new layout. Without any further ado, let’s get started.
How to Change Facebook to Old Version?
The steps given in this list are pretty simple. However, they may not work for everyone since Facebook has been forcing people to stick to the new layout. We have ranked these methods based on the ease of use.
1. The “Switch to Classic Facebook” Option
Facebook provides this option only to some users. It lets you easily switch between the classic and the new layouts and does not force you to stick to one. However, a lot of users have been reporting that this option does not exist for them anymore. You can make sure whether this option is available to you or not by following these steps.
- Log in to Facebook.
- Click on the downward-facing arrow in the top-right corner.
- Click the Switch to Classic Facebook option.
- This will reload the website and you will be able to see the familiar layout.
This method will not work for a lot of people since Facebook has been actively removing the Switch to Classic Facebook option from their website.
2. Change the Language Settings
Some users have reported that they were able to switch to the classic layout after changing the profile language. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Facebook profile.
- Click the arrow on the top right corner and select Settings & Privacy.
- Click Language.
- Press the Edit button under the Facebook Language header.
- Switch to anything but the English(US) option.
This setting may or may not work depending on where you live. Facebook has been rolling out the changes to all countries so this might just be a temporary fix.
3. Use the Old Layout Extension
This method has the highest chances of working compared to all of the other methods. It uses an extension called Old Layout for Facebook. Follow these steps and change Facebook to the old version.
- Open up Chrome browser (This method only works on Chrome).
- Click the options icon on the top-right corner and select More tools > Extensions.
- Click the options icon on the top-left corner and select Open Chrome Web Store.
- Enter Old Layout for Facebook in the search bar.
- Select the extension (pictured below) and click Add to Chrome. Confirm your decision.
- The extension will be downloaded and installed soon.
- You can click on the extension at the top right corner of Chrome and choose the version that you want.
You will be able to see the classic Facebook layout with this extension. So how does that work? The extension tricks the Facebook website into thinking that you are running a very old version of the Internet Explorer. Since the new layout will not work well on the older version, Facebook will switch back to the older layout.
However, you will run into some bugs with videos and games from time to time. Facebook will disable a few features for older browsers.
Why Did Facebook Switch?
Facebook is a very old website and it has been using the same layout since the beginning. The website was functional but it looked very dated. Now the entire website seems to be using the same art style as the Facebook and Messenger apps. Whether it looks good or not is very subjective.
However, this new layout also offers a lot of improvements over the older version. Like most social media platforms, you can now enable Dark mode on Facebook. The text and other elements of the website appear larger and are easier on the eyes now. However, if you do not like the dark mode or if you prefer a smaller font size, then you can change them easily.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Select Display Preferences.
- Here, you can turn off night mode and make everything smaller.
Facebook also claims that the new website will be able to add more features easily. It will also load faster and offer a more immersive experience to its users.
Now you know how to change Facebook to the old version. We hope that you found this article informative and helpful. Did you like or hate the new Facebook layout? Did our methods help you out? Do you have any doubts or suggestions about our methods? Then please let us know in the comments section down below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.