The Amazon Fire TV Stick is an awesome device that can turn any TV into your own smart TV. However, like all devices, it can run into problems sometimes. Is your Fire Stick not working? Then do not worry, you are reading the right article.
Today we are going to take a look at the various problems that you might be facing with your Fire TV Stick right now. We are also going to talk about the troubleshooting steps. With that out of the way, let’s jump right into it.
Why Does your FireTV Stick Stop Working?
Even though this issue is not present on the majority of Fire Stick devices, it is still a very serious issue. You might be dealing with:
- A blank screen.
- Fire Stick not turning on at all.
- The Fire TV logo stuck on the screen.
- An Unresponsive Fire Stick.
- The Fire Stick cannot connect to the Internet.
There can be various different reasons for these issues. You could be dealing with a network issue, a software glitch, or the Fire Stick is not getting enough power. It might also be a hardware issue – damaged ports or devices. The fault might lie in the remote as well.
Whatever the reason may be, we have troubleshooting methods to tackle all of them.
What To Do If Fire Stick Is Not Working?
We have compiled a list of various fixes that have worked for Fire Stick users from around the world.
1. Restart the Fire Stick
“Have you tried turning it off and on?” is a question that you will hear from a lot of tech support employees. Restarting a device will help it get rid of software bugs and glitches.
- Restart your device by pressing the Select and Play/Pause buttons for about 5 seconds.
- Alternatively, you can simply unplug the Fire TV Stick from the power cable. Wait for 10 seconds and then plug it back in.
It might not work in your case but you should definitely try it out before moving on to the next method.
2. Check the Network
If your Fire Stick cannot stream anything, then the issue might be with your network. To make sure, try using your WiFi with other devices. Make sure that the router is within the range of the TV. If most devices fail to connect to the Internet, then you should restart your router. If that does not work, then you should contact the network service provider.
You can also check out the Network Usage Tool in the Fire Stick for more information about your network and its issues. To do that,
- Go to Settings > Network.
- Press the Play/Pause button to see the network usage tool in action.
3. Check the Cables, Power Brick, and Ports
The Fire Stick will not work if you have damaged ports or cables. There are several ways to test them out and be sure:
- Most TVs come with multiple HDMI ports. Try using a different port/TV and see if the issue persists.
- Check the HDMI dongle that came with your Fire TV Stick for wear and tear.
- Plug the Fire Stick with and without the HDMI dongle and see if it works.
- Make sure that you have a power brick and cables from reputed brands.
- Make sure that everything is plugged in properly.
- Plug the Fire Stick directly into the TV if you are using an HDMI hub.
These steps will help you figure out whether or not you have a damaged part. You can simply swap the part out for a new one.
4. Check the Remote
A malfunctioning remote can make the Fire TV Stick feel unresponsive. It can face pairing issues or it might have run out of batteries. To make sure that the remote is paired properly, you can follow these steps:
- Restart the Fire TV Stick by unplugging it and plugging it back in after 10 seconds.
- Make sure that the Fire TV Stick and the remote are close to each other.
- Press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds.
You should also swap out the batteries for new ones. In the meantime, you can use your phone as a remote with the Amazon Fire TV app.
5. Restart the Fire Stick
If your Fire Stick is still not working, then you can try resetting the device to its factory settings using the remote controller. Follow these simple steps:
- Press and hold the Back button and the right side of the navigation circle together for ten seconds.
- A confirmation box will pop up on the screen. Keep pressing the buttons and the device will be reset to its factory settings.
If your Fire Stick is not working, then these methods should help you fix it. We hope that you found this article informative and helpful. If you have any doubts or suggestions, then please let us know in the comments section down below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.