If you are looking for an opportunity to avail the Microsoft Office Students Discount, then this post will be of great use for you. Since Microsoft openly promotes online education and learning, giving students a discount is an integral part of it. In this article, you will get all the details regarding the Microsoft Office Student Discount.
Microsoft Office is basically a group of client software, server software, and services developed by Microsoft. Till now many versions of Microsoft Offices have been released. It has been done keeping in view the suitability of the user. Among the various available versions, the desktop version is the most widely used of them all. It is the original version. It is the version available for PCs and macOS. Certain mobile apps by Microsoft are available for the users which are free of cost.
About Microsoft Office Student Discount
Microsoft Office also offers student discounts. If you are a teacher or a student, then you fall under the criteria of availing of the discount. You get the online version of Microsoft Office for free along with 1TB of free storage. The version includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, now Microsoft Teams plus some additional tools. In this post, we will see all the requirements, and how to claim your Microsoft student discount.
Microsoft Word is a word processor, Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet editor, Microsoft PowerPoint is a presentation program that is used to create slideshows. Microsoft Outlook is a personal information sharing manager, Microsoft OneDrive is a file hosting manager that helps sync files.
1. Eligibility Criteria
The Microsoft Office Student Discount is available for a variety of people, including teachers to even parents. Microsoft Office primarily needs the student to be enrolled in some course or college. When the student is enrolled, he or she has to have some sort of identity of that place which will ease up the work. However, there are certain eligibility criteria to avail of this offer. That includes:
- The student must be at least 13 years old and enrolled as a K-12 student.
- If you are a parent availing of the discount, then you must be the parent of a K-12 student or college student.
- You must be enrolled at a four-year university, or two-year college, or a vocational student.
2. What Does the Discount Offer the Student?
Generally, Microsoft offers a discount of 10% savings on hardware like laptops, desktop computers, and tablets. Softwares like Office 365, are also given free access.
How to Claim the Microsoft Office Student Discount?
To get the Microsoft Office Student Discount, you have to access the online Microsoft store through the student and military discount portal. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the Microsoft Student and Military Discounts site and log in with your existing Microsoft account. After that, click on Shop Now.
- This site tells you the pricing that you are eligible for.
- From the list of store categories, select Students Deal.
- Select the software or device you want to buy, and add it to the cart.
- Do the Checkout process next.
This is how you can avail the Microsoft Office Student Discount. Follow these easy steps and choose the best offer for yourself.
Features of Microsoft Office Students Discount
Microsoft Office is a great platform for learning online. The software you purchase is long-lasting and is totally worth the price it’s bought at. Microsoft Office comes with many features to help students choose the best for them. Almost everyone uses or has used any application of Microsoft Office in their life. Here are some of the features which are also the reasons why you should choose Microsoft Office for your learning :
- The student will get the latest version of Microsoft Office, along with certain other applications like Word, PowePoint, Excel, OneNote. Along with these, they also get the latest version of Microsoft Teams as well.
- The student gets extra classroom tools too.
- The entire thing can be bought in just one go. No need to buy each application separately.
- The software purchased is compatible with Windows 10 and above along with macOS.
- The language can be changed easily to match the needs of the student.
- Along with getting the Microsoft Students Discount, the student also gets Microsoft Support free for 60 days.
- Using Microsoft Office lets you use Microsoft OneDrive. It is basically a storage application that stores data virtually.
These features add up to the efficiency of Microsoft Office. It helps the student explore the Office and learn more from it. It will further help the students to unleash their potential of learning from online modes of education.
As per my research and knowledge, these were some ways to avail of the Microsoft Office Students Discount. Microsoft Office is a very easy, hassle-free application site to work in. It offers many interesting offers for not just the students, but also teachers and parents.
It has many tools that are also free of cost and very useful for the students. This post will be very beneficial for those students who plan to give online learning a try and are looking for fresh offers. Microsoft Office being a reliable site holds value and is trustworthy as well. I hope this article was useful and solved many queries!