If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has installed a Technicolor router at your home or office, you should learn how to access its web interface to customize its default settings. This Technicolor Router login guide will help you with that in the simplest possible manner.
In this post, I will guide you on how to log in to the admin interface of your Technicolor Router within minutes. So, you can tweak some settings and make them perform better. Not only this, but you can also secure your network connection.
- 1 Technicolor Router Login
- 2 Default Technicolor Router Login Username & Password
- 3 Final Words
Technicolor Router Login
Technicolor routers are very popular worldwide. It offers a residential gateway that comes with two ports and two voice lines that is suitable for any home or office user. These routers also claim to work in a manner conserving energy and serve cost-effective features. That’s why a lot of Internet Service Providers choose to install these for their networks.
If you are also using a Technicolor router model, you should learn how to log in to its admin panel (web interface). The admin panel is a settings interface from where you can change or edit any default setting that the Technicolor router is using as default. This can help you to make the router perform even better.
Here is the complete guide for your Technicolor router that will help you to learn its login procedure, default router IP, username, password, reset procedure, and more.
Things to Do Before Proceeding
Before proceeding to try logging in, you have to be sure about certain things. This will help you to eliminate any upcoming issues while logging in.
- Make sure the router is turned on.
- The router is connected to the device either via a wireless or wired connection.
- Your device could be a Windows PC, Mac, Android smartphone, or iPhone.
- You have installed the latest version of a browser like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari.
- The connection between the Technicolor router and device is stable (Preferably use an ethernet cable to connect).
Once you have met these requirements, continue with the steps mentioned below.
Step-1: Find the Default IP of your Technicolor Router
Every router has a default IP address that it uses to communicate with other devices on the network. This IP is assigned by the manufacturers in the factory. Technicolor makes have used 4 different IP addresses for their routers. Here is the percentage of that shared by various models:
- 10.0.0.1 – used by 39% Technicolor routers.
- 192.168.0.1 – used by 26% Technicolor routers.
- 192.168.1.1 – used by 22% Technicolor routers.
- 192.168.1.254 – used by 13% Technicolor routers.
It is essential to find out what is the default IP for your Technicolor router. You can find it on the sticker/label present on the router, or on the user manual. If you are unable to find it this way, there is one more available.
Follow these steps to find the default IP of your router:
- Connect your Windows PC to the router either via wired or wireless connection.
- Press the Windows+X key to trigger the power user menu on the PC.
- Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ from the menu.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig and press ‘Enter’ on the keyboard.
Let the command run, and you will find the default router IP present next to “Default Gateway” as shown above. You can now use this IP address to proceed with the next steps.
Step-2: Access the Technicolor Router Login Page
Now that you know the default IP for your Technicolor router, you have to use it to access the router login page. To do that, open a web browser, enter the default IP (in my case it was 192.168.0.1, so I will use it) in the URL bar, and hit ‘Enter’ on the keyboard.
Alternatively, you can also use any of these links:
- 10.0.0.1 – click here.
- 192.168.0.1 – click here.
- 192.168.1.1 – click here.
- 192.168.1.254 – click here.
After the page loads, you will see the Technicolor router login page on the screen.
Step-3: Log in using Technicolor Router Username & Password
Next, you have to enter the router username and password in their given fields on the login page. If you don’t know the credentials, you can use the default ones listed below. Try entering ‘admin’ in the username field, and ‘admin’ in the password field, and click on the ‘Sign in’ button.
If it shows an incorrect username or password prompt, try using other default usernames and passwords (preferably for your model), or just reset the router to default credentials.
After that, you will be able to log in and access the Technicolor admin panel.
Default Technicolor Router Login Username & Password
You can try these default username and password combinations used by Technicolor routers. These will allow you to log in if you are still using the default credentials, and have not reset them. Remember that these passwords are case sensitive.
Key Tip: Check the sticker or label present on the router, or the user manual to find the default router username and password.
Formate Used here: Username & Password:
- admin & password
- (leave blank) & admin
- admin & admin
- (leave blank) & root
- (leave blank) & user
- Administrator & (leave blank)
- User & (leave blank)
- user & password
- (leave blank) & (leave blank)
- root & (leave blank)
- admin & 4135279
- user & VTmgQapcEUaE
If you don’t want to try all of these, I have listed the exact credentials for some Technicolor router models below. You can find the router model you are using and then use its default credentials.
Default Router Username & Password for Technicolor Router Models
Format Used: Model Default | Username | Default Password | Default IP address
- C1100T (CenturyLink) | admin | (leave blank) | 192.168.0.1
- CGA0101 | admin | password | 192.168.0.1
- CGA0112 | admin | password | 192.168.0.1
- CGA4233 | (leave blank) | VTmgQapcEUaE | 192.168.100.1
- DWA1230 | admin | (leave blank) | 192.168.1.1
- TC4400 | user | password | 192.168.100.1
- TC7200 | admin | admin | 192.168.0.1
- TC7200 (Thomson) | admin | admin | 192.168.0.1
- TC8305C | admin | password | 10.0.0.1
- TD5130v1 | root | (leave blank) | 192.168.1.1
- TD5136 v2 | user | (leave blank) | 192.168.1.1
- TD5137 | admin | admin | 192.168.1.1
- TG589vac v2 HP | admin | (leave blank) | 192.168.1.1
- (Thomson) TG703 | ”blank” | ”blank” | 192.168.1.254
Steps to Reset Technicolor Router to Defaults
If you can’t log in to the router control center even after using the correct default credentials, the only option left for you is to reset the router. Follow these steps to reset your Technicolor router:
- Locate the small ‘Reset’ button present in a hole at the back of your router.
- Press this button using a needle, pin, or another pointed object for around 15 seconds.
- Release the button when the indicator lights flash.
- The router will then turn off and then turn on itself.
That’s it. You can now set it up like new using the default username and password.
This was our Technicolor router login guide. You have now learned how to log in to its web interface to customize the default settings. You have also learned many more things about the router. All of this is enough to categorize yourself as a ‘power user.’
That’s all for this guide. I hope it helps you enough. Feel free to share your opinions using the comment box.